Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Count Your Blessings

Since this is that time of year, let's count our blessings. Even when things look bleak, we do have daily blessings. The Bible tells us in Psalm 68:19, "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation."

Look at that verse again, o daughter of the king: our Lord, the God of our salvation daily LOADS us with benefits. Not just one...but loads ~ every day!!! Wow! What are some of them in my life?

~ my salvation...the God of gods, the Lord of Glory saved ME!!!!
~ my husband...what a wonderful man the Lord gave me. I consider myself blessed many times over to be married to a man who loves the Lord with all his heart.
~ my son...still growing and learning, but I thank the Lord for my boy (actually young man, now!).
~ my church...thank God that He has seen fit to place us in a church where the Word of God is taught, preached and practiced!
~ my friends...I am so thankful for Christian friends who I know pray for me.
~ my ministry...I am thankful for the opportunity that we have as a family to minister in a nursing home every week. What a blessing those folks are. And then on Sundays I get to work with third graders in Sunday School. Love those kids!
~ my health...I have some health issues that can cause problems, but praise the Lord for the health He has given me!
~ my breath...one of those daily benefits ~ God gives me breath.
~ my warm house...it's not the biggest or fanciest, but it's home; it's a roof over our heads in the winter weather; it keeps out the rain; and my family is there with me.

And on and on the list could go. I praise and thank God for His blessings. What about you? Care to share?

"I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high."


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: