Monday, November 10, 2008

He's home!

Our son got home on Friday afternoon. We weren't expecting him until later in the day, so it was a nice surprise!!!

I had texted him to ask what was happening as far as his flight was concerned. At 11:30 a.m. he texted back that he was "on flight, taxiing, gotta go." I excitedly called my hubby, and we calculated that he would be home by 5:00!! Wonderful!

But...I pulled into my driveway at just a little after 1:30 p.m. - and THERE HE STOOD!!!!! Wow! He had texted me as they were pulling into the airport, not as they were leaving!

He had already arranged with his recruiter to pick him up.

Our family has always enjoyed surprises. My husband is constantly thinking of things to do to surprise me. I guess it's rubbed off on our son!! =D

He'll be home for a couple of months. We are so glad he's here...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad that he is home. I'll bet you had a wonderful reunion. We want pictures....gotta have pictures!!!!

Leiann

LuAnne said...

MY CAMERA DIED!!!!!!

James Neubauer said...

Somebody come and resuscitate LuAnne's camera!!! We want pictures!!!

LuAnne said...

Hee hee. I will try to get something going.

DaCatster said...

Great news, I didn't recognize him without the red hair, all I saw was fuzz, Sunday night

LuAnne said...

Hee hee!!! Yeah, it was short before he left, but it was gone when he got home!!! =D He likes it that way, though.

James Neubauer said...

What!?!?!! No more coveted red hair?

LuAnne said...

No, it's still red - just not as much of it! I will try to get a pic of him somehow and post it so you can see...